Pomeranian Teddy Bear Cut
If you have a Pomeranian dog and it’s so cute, cuddly and very hairy, and you want to trim his fur with a distinctive style?
Then the Pomeranian teddy bear cut is one of the best haircut your dog can ever have. This haircut has a fuzzy appearance that obviously looks like a bear cub. Pomeranian teddy bear cut means that most of the fur of the dog is an inch long right from its skin.
Some Pom owners hire a professional animal groomer to do this stylish hairstyle for their dog. But now, you don’t need anyone to make your little Pom presentable and well-groomed, because you can do a Pomeranian teddy bear cut all by yourself and inside your own vicinity. It’s very easy.
- The very first thing that you’ll have to do is to wash and dry your Pom. Then brush its hair and it is important that you’ll free the dog’s hair from tangles. You’ll need a clipper to do this teddy bear cut. First, a #10 blade is needed to shave off the hair all over the body for easy hair trim later on.
- Using the #30 blade, clip the hair underneath the dog’s pad to bring the fur forward.
- Around the head part, brush the hair upward and hold it, leaving an inch of hair length throughout its body. Still follow the circular shape of the hair around its head. Shorten the hair all over the Pomeranian’s face if it’s too much, just enough to show the dog’s round eyes. Always remember that you have to have that even circular shape of fur around the Pom’s face.
- Along the body, when using scissors, comb the hair up and use your hand for measurements, before cutting. If you want to use the clipper, still comb the hair up, then backward, before clipping it. Same procedure goes with the legs of the Pom
- In the tail, gather the fur in your hands until it reaches the end and carefully cut the tail with straight line. Be careful not to cut the tail itself. Take away any stray hairs anywhere and keep the hair well-shaped so it looks good and attractive.
When you follow these instructions properly then you should get a perfect result, which is the Pomeranian teddy bear cut. It should look very cute and lovely. This haircut requires great amount of patience and determination.
I wish you luck on designing and at the same time, grooming your Pomeranian, in doing a style that would suits your desire and, most of all, sensitive enough to know the feelings of a Pomeranian towards this activity.